Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pork Fried Rice

What does one do when they have some boneless pork chops thawed and ready, but they also have some eggs to use up? That was the question last night...my answer was pork fried rice. I looked at a couple of recipes online just to get an idea of the process, then went to work. After a couple of mishaps with exploding oil, I think it went smoothly and turned out to be a delicious meal! The proportion of meat to rice was different than the recipes I looked at, but we decided we liked it that way...some pork and some rice in each bite! (I would have had to double the rice otherwise!)

Pork Fried Rice

1/2 c oil (I used a mix of sesame and olive oil)
3 boneless, skinless pork chops, cooked, finely diced (I used about 1/4 inch squares)
4 cups cooked rice, cooled
1 c frozen mixed vegetables
2 T soy sauce
1 t onion powder
2 eggs, beaten

Heat the oil to smoking in a thick skillet or a wok. You can use a cover to prevent major oil splatter. Add the cooked rice, and stir fry for 6 minutes. Add the pork and frozen vegetables, and heat for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are softened, stirring occasionally. Add the soy sauce and onion powder. Turn heat to high, and slowly pour in eggs. Stir to be sure eggs are distributed throughout the rice. Cook until egg whites turn white.

No comments:

Post a Comment